Bilbao Bizkaia Card
The Bilbao Bizkaia Card is an official tourist discount card with a great many advantages. It is the best option for moving around Bizkaia, enjoying guided tours in Getxo and Bilbao, obtaining discounts and special offers and avoiding long queues.
Free public transport
The BBCard is the best option for moving around Bilbao and Bizkaia. Card holders are entitled to major savings with no restrictions on the following public transport services:
- Metro Bilbao
- Euskotren rail services (in Bizkaia)
- Bizkaibus (inter-city)
- Bilbobus (within Bilbao)
- Funicular railways:
- La Reineta
The Bilbao Bizkaia Card (BBCard) tourist discount card holders can enjoy guided tours of the main sights in Getxo and Bilbao at no extra cost.
- Old Fishing Port. This dramatised guided tour is a fun way of seeing the unique sights and traditions of this charming old fishing port in Getxo.
- Through the origins of Las Arenas: This dramatised guided tour will show us how Las Arenas was transformed from a marsh into a holiday resort for the middle classes.
- A cemetery with a sea view: This guided tour will enable you to admire one of the foremost examples of funerary architecture in Bizkaia. The layout of this cemetery in a neoclassical style refects a typically Roman influence.
- Atxekolandeta: a place to watch and be seen: This guided tour takes in the lives of those businessmen that chose Atxekolandeta as the site for building their mansions. It is undoubtedly an exceptional vantage point.
- Along the old Royal Highway: This dramatised guided tour includesd one of Getxo's prettiest and most popular promenades, Basagoiti Avenue.
- Getxo from its origins: This tour will alos reveal all the secrets of this once rural neighbourhood. We will end up on the cliffs at La Galea, overlooking one of the most beautiful and characteristic views of Getxo.
- Old Town. The Old Town is one of the most traditional areas of Bilbao. The streets and cobbled squares maintain the essence of the city’s Medieval roots. It was once the heart of the trade and port operations that led to the expansion of the city. It is home to such historical features as the Gothic cathedral of Santiago, the Plaza Nueva square, the church of San Antón and the La Ribera riverside produce market.
- Ensanche-Abandoibarra. These areas are symbolic of the expansion of Bilbao as a city and the architecture that marked its development. They are a veritable museum of architecture filled with open air sculptures.
The Bilbao Guggenheim Museum and the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum are the most popular, most renowned museums in the city. With the BBCard you can visit them on any day without having to queue for admission. This saves you time that you can use to see other interesting sights.
Special offers and discounts
The Bilbao Bizkaia Card (BBCard) gives you access to many special offers and discounts thanks to agreements reached with businesses associated with the scheme. They include shops, museums and monuments, accommodation, leisure activities, restaurants and sightseeing.
Types of BBCard
There are three different types of BBCard tourist discount card, all of which offer the same features:
- 24-hour card - €10
- 48-hour card - €15
- 72-hour card - €20
How to get your Bilbao Bizkaia Card
There are two ways of obtaining a BBCard: over the counter at the two Bilbao tourist information offices and by filling in the reservation form.
For more information see the official Bilbao Bizkaia Card website.
Discover all the special offers and discounts available from businesses in Getxo which have joined the BBCard scheme:
- Basque Corner (souvenirs)
- Basque Design
- Charo Álvarez
- Joyería Arbaiza jeweller’s
- Aingara Embroidery
- Cakes and confectionery from Bizkaia
- La Granja Selección
- La Oka
- Juan Mari butcher’s
- Madariaga butcher’s
- Jamones Jaunene cold meats
- Kalaka Delicatessen
- Uniduo Selección
- Guided & dramatised tours of Getxo
- El Bote Tours: boat trips along the river estuary and into the El Abra bay